WHAT ARE BRACES?
Dental braces are appliances that are used to align or straighten the teeth and guide the teeth to an accurate position. They are made up of wires, brackets, and bands. Braces aid to make irregular teeth positioning, jaw correction, improvement in chewing and smile aesthetics. Braceport Dentistry in HSR Layout is the best clinic to guide on treatment options and modalities depending upon dentition.
WHAT ARE BRACES USED FOR?
The major reason for getting Braces on is to enhance the facial appearance, what people do not know is that there are any other implications that require orthodontic treatment like open bite, jaw structure, crossbite, etc.
WHAT IS ADULT DENTITION?
This is a step where adult teeth or permanent teeth replace primary teeth which aid in appearance, speech, and digestion. During this stage, people can face many issues that can be corrected by Braces. These issues include:
- Crowding / Haphazardly placed teeth can lead to poor oral hygiene and can also be the cause of Dental Caries (Cavities)
- Improper Bite that causes chewing efficiency
- Crooked teeth can be a major reason for Bleeding Gums, Bad Breath, and Premature loss of teeth.
- If the teeth are Improper, then it can cause calculus deposits leading to yellow teeth
- Forwardly placed Teeth leads to a more convex profile and posteriorly displaced chin
- Open Bite
- The spacing between teeth can cause a talking problem
WHAT IS THE RIGHT TIME TO GET BRACES?
Every individual is different. Orthodontic treatment can be started as young as 7 years old. There is no age limit in terms of age for Braces. If you have fine oral health and firm teeth, you can get braces at any age. There is various kind of Orthodontic treatment available in HSR Layout for all ages.
POST TREATMENT CARE FOR BRACES
- Brush & Floss twice a day to keep your teeth strong. Healthy teeth respond superior to the treatment.
- Visit your dentist on time for follow-up. Make a note of your appointments and follow suggestions, if any.
- Be patient. The treatment period may vary depending on the condition. The teeth will take time to fit accordingly.
DO’S AND DON’TS WITH BRACES ON
1. Root Canal Treatment In Milk Teeth
If you think your kid is too young to need root canal treatment, think again — there is no age limit for this treatment. If baby teeth have been injured, or if decay has advanced deep into the roots of your child’s teeth, a root canal treatment to stabilize teeth may be required.
- Try and avoid sticky food.
- Request them for a mouth guard, if you play a sport
- Consume drinks that are low on sugar content and not carbonated
- Brush after every meal and never let food stuck on your braces
- Visit your dentist on every follow-up
- Don’t chew hard food and ice
- Do not bite your fingernails
- Do not consume more than one soda a week
- Do not forget to floss like a boss